An area near the forest planted with vines and olive trees
Montalbano is a vast area of Tuscany hills and mountains between Florence, Pistoia and Prato.
The hills that cover most of the area are planted with vines, here you can admire the characteristic terrace; The typical olive tree is located in the higher areas as the chestnut forests.
Walking through the streets of wine and oil, you can discover the typical products and the real traditions of this land.
The artistic heritage of Montalbano is very rich: many Medici Villas are witnesses of a glorious past, as well as monuments, romanic churches and Etruscan finds.
Here you can find small town, ancient villages full of history and the lands that gave birth to thinkers, great artists and scientists such as Leonardo da Vinci.
Moreover, the Montalbano area is also an ideal starting point to explore the nearby cities of art as Florence, Siena, Pisa and Lucca.
Things to do
Activities that we can arrange for your vacation, just ask!
- Bike tours with specialized guides
- Tasting of typical Tuscan wines
- Private dinners in the apartment
- Guided tour of the Tuscan cities of art
- Visit of the ecologic area Padule in Fucecchio
- Relaxing itineraries in a nearby SPA
- Private transfers to and from airport
- only 10 minutes from the center of Vinci (birthplace of Leonardo)
- 20 minutes from Montecatini Terme and Pistoia
- about 35 minutes from Florence
- Pisa 50 minutes
- Lucca 40 minutes
- 40 minutes from the beautiful Versilia Coast